Friday 25 April 2008

Blocking Day

Today, I have been mosty blocking...

I have upstairs, drying, a Spiders Web Shawl in Cherry Tree Hill Merino Lace, Winterberry (could not get a decent photo); two Swallowtails - one in Posh Yarn Eva 4 Ply, Frock (a lavender / silver one), destined for my cousin's 30th birthday present, and one in Knitpicks Alpaca Lace.
Swallowtail

Nupps

Budding Lace

I've loved this pattern. It's such an impressive knit, and once I had my head around the nupps, really straightforward. The Posh Yarn one was part of the Posh Yarn Swallotail KAL on Ravelry - if you're on Ravelry, and love Posh Yarn, or think you may, pop along to the group - it's one of the friendliest going (except for Sundays at 6pm, when it's every Poshite for her/himself).

I've also blocked out my Gust by Anne Hanson of Knitspot. Again, a very well written and straightforward pattern, with lovely results. I've got wool for two of Anne's other designs, irtfa'a and Whispering Pines (both shawls, both stunning) on order, and I'm itching to get going on them.

Gust

It was a little difficult to get the photo, but I couldn't resist the contrast of the wispy warm earth tones of the Posh Yarn Sophia against the green of the new growth in the "garden". It goes beautifully with my new shawl pin from Leslie Wind - absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. I was spoiled for choice amongst her designs, and have already mentioned to Jon that I would love the heart shaped one for a special occasion pressie - such as my birthday, maybe?

ShawlPin

The closure is a pair of long tabs - so no pins, and it sat on the wispy cashmere laceweight like it belonged there. It's going to get well worn!

I'm working on Victorian Ruby from Victorian Lace Today at the moment, and am about halfway through the bottom border - after that, it's either going to be the Melon Shawl in Kidsilk Haze (nothing if not ambitious, me) or Baltic Blossoms by Evelyn Clark (more nupps!) in Posh Yarn Lucia... Nice decision to have to make...

2 comments:

dreamcatcher said...

Gorgeous lace! I love Anne Hanson's patterns too. The Leslie Wind shawl pin is beautiful, I am very tempted to order one!

acrylik said...

Oh wow, what eye candy here! Absolutely beautiful shawls, Claire, I love them all. Your pin is beautiful, thank you for the link.

We'll have to meet up soon! Coffee, cake and a browse around a yarn shop sound good? ;)