Friday 29 August 2008

Feast or Famine....

It's definitely feast or famine round here... I have finished Edgy by Susan Pierce Lawrence (yes, the lady who brought us the Forest Canopy Shawl), and it is blocked and photographed (insert smug look here).
Edgy1
And a close up of the lovely laciness!
Edgy2
It's a lovely pattern to knit, and is available for free via the Knotions magazine which is well worth a look - mine's only the second live project on Ravelry after Susan's! I knitted it in Posh Yarn Lei, colour Peacock, which is lovely iridescent deep blues and greens. It doesn't show up too great in the photos, as the light here has been rubbish since I unpinned it. This is version B, which is for 4-Ply (a DK version is available).
So now that my Ravelympics projects are complete, what's next? Baby things - that's what! My Auntie's friend is due to have a baby in November, and that baby will be kitted out in a BSJ in Colinette Jitterbug in Mardi Gras (mad bright rainbow colours) and Hazel Roots' Estonian Lace Christening Shawl, which I am knitting in the lovely undyed laceweight from Andy at Bluefaced, which is now available from Nicki at Laughing Hens in single skeins (look under Bluefaced, then Angel). 1200 yards per skein is pretty good value - it's cobweb weight, but with a slight halo, and is feeling so soft and snuggly as I am knitting it.
Oh yes - and MS4 is starting next week - sign up now via the link on Pinklemontwist's blog. For this, I'm going to be using Fyberspates Nef Lace in Lilac, together with some transluscent opal seed beeds (the beads are an integral part of the pattern this year, and so not optional. Pretty, pretty colour:
LilacNef
OK - so you're probably all linked out now.... so I'll go.

3 comments:

acrylik said...

Another gasp - Edgy is fantastic!

Looking forward to seeing your up and coming Mystery Shawl being knit up.

Artis-Anne said...

Oh I LOVE that scarf and the colour is perfect. Thanks for the link I had forgotten about them :)

Joy said...

Oh now I lke Edgy very much :-)

I once made a fcs using Lei really enjoyed knitting with it.

I have skein of Knitwitches yarn that I think will be perfect for Edgy.