Monday 13 October 2008

Just a Quickie!

I need some decent light! I have a nearly finished Forest Canopy in Noro Sock Yarn, a chunky scarf in Colinette Point 5 (knit in one evening!), a swatch of cables lace and general playing in a new yarn from Linzi, the Alpaca Spinner, which I am so going to stalk her for, a little progress on the Estonian Lace Christening Shawl, and 4 lovely skeins of my very own handspun to show off - but when the light's been good, I've been elsewhere, and when I've been here, the light's been non-existent! Ah well - it will come.
In other news, it was a mad week last week... Monday off, Tuesday normal, Wednesday and Friday covering earlies (yawn) and the MRI Scan on Thursday. It's not an experience I want to repeat in a hurry. There was no pain involved, I was seen on time, the scanning team were brilliant - as well as being very capable and experts in their field, they radiated a reassuring confidence - but I did not feel good. It was being out of control in a confined space that did it for me. I was strapped in, with a shield over my torso, and while I had hold of a buzzer, I was in a tube where it felt like the roof was an inch or two above my nose. If (and yes, I know this is a Big If), anything went Really Wrong, and the buzzer didn't work, I was incapable of escape. There was no way I could have wriggled out. But nothing went wrong, I'm here, I'm fine, and now I need to wait for the Registrar at the hospital to interpret the results (I've been told 6 weeks, however when I was told 2-4 weeks, it took 7 and a lot of pressure from me to get them, so I'm not holding my breath).
That's it for now. More if we ever see daylight again while I'm in reach of a camera and my little doings!

3 comments:

acrylik said...

Glad to hear you got through the scan OK - I don't like the sound of that. Hope the results come through quickly.

Love the sound of everything you've been working on, looking forward to seeing it!

Artis-Anne said...

Oh I know :(I too got that trapped, lonely feeling when I had mine, I just closed my eyes and tried to control my breathing !! So glad when it was over .
Hopefully you will now get the results quickly & I will keep fingers crossed for good news.
Sounds like you are busy on the crafting front :)and I bet the Noro will look great in a shawl, I too ned to take photos but as you say 'no light '!!
Take care my dear :)

BabyLongLegs said...

Taking photos this time of year is a real pain.....!!!
Getting the light right, especially for stuff to sell is just a nightmare ;)
I can't imagine how having an MRI scan must feel, you are very brave!!!
Did your fibre get to you okay??

Big 'uggs
S xXx