Friday 13 April 2007

Beginnings...

Hello, and welcome to my wooly thoughts - mainly about knitting and crochet, but other stuff may creep in as well. I'm Claire, originally from Lancashire, but now exiled in Newcastle, and have been knitting and crocheting with varied degrees of success for a couple of years now, so I've still got my L plates on... And with regards to the blogging - this is my first, so please be nice to me.

My good friend, Carrie Anne (visit her blog at http://acrylik.blogspot.com, and her website at http://www.acrylik.co.uk) has encouraged me to start this - I first met her when she was 11, and she's as enthusiastic and friendly now as she was back on that first day at senior school.

So, I love the knitting - I've just finished Louisa Harding's Jezebel jumper in her Kimono Angora Pure from the Winter's Muse collection, and while it is beautiful and snuggly (and very, very purple), it's also very fluffy, and much too warm for all this lovely weather. Planning was never my strongest point... I'm currently working on a pair of socks from the Spring Interweave Magazine - they're a simple brioche and rib pattern (it would have to be simple for me!), and I am working them in Fyberspates sock wool in pink and mauve, which has beautifully intense colours and knits beautifully (www.fyberspates.co.uk). I shall put some photos up when I get around to it...

So that's it for now - looking forward to a quiet weekend, and hopefully getting on with my socks - there's going to me more on the way using some Posh Yarn (www.poshyarn.co.uk) in irresistable variegated oranges.

Love,

Claire x

6 comments:

acrylik said...

Yay Claire! Welcome to the blogging world :) Looking forward to seeing all your creations. xx

dreamcatcher said...

Hi from another Lancashire lass! I still live there, not far from your old stomping grounds I think :-) Look forward to seeing pics of your creations!

Piglottie said...

Hello Claire and welcome to blogland! You'll find us a friendly bunch, and am looking forward to seeing pics of your WIPs. :)

Artis-Anne said...

Hi Claire and welcome to 'Blogland' we are a friendly bunch and all eager to see what you are up to and share. Looking forward to getting to know you:)
Anne

TutleyMutley said...

I've been sent here by Carrie-Ann to welcome you to the lovely warm and snuggly world of the knitting blog online community. Hello from a softy southerner...
I've just subscribed to Interweave so I know the pattern you mean. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Hellbelle said...

Greetings from Oldham!

Always happy to meet another knitter / rocker :)