Tuesday 17 April 2007

Some Progress - With Pictures...







Thank you everyone who's left me a comment, and thank you Carrie Anne for pointing people over here. I have finished Roza'a Socks from Interweave, knitted in Fyberspates sock yarn, and Jon has taken a photo of them, which I can proudly show...



The feet are all my own, and I'm really pleased with how the socks have worked out - I like the way the colours spiral down the sock, with the vertical (well - they would be if I pulled my socks on properly) lines of the rib pattern. It's my first pair of patterned socks - I've knitted a plain pair in Opal's self patterning yarn before, but never any with texture in them, like these.

So now I'm addicted - my order from Posh Yarn arrived a few days ago, and the Baby Camel in Flames went straight onto the needles. I found a "Blueberry Waffle" pattern I liked (http://www.azhreia.net/socks/waffle.html), and set to. Last night, I realised, halfway down the cuff, that I'd been a little enthusiastic, and that I could probably get both feet in at once! That'll teach me to not knit a tension square, but the yarn was so inviting, I felt I had to get going... After casting back on, I've sped down, and am about to pick up along the sides of the heel flap.

The colours are subtle and beautiful, and the yarn's beautifully soft. I must stop buying yarn - I have a stash I could open a small local yarn shop with at the moment, and keep finding more.


Here's a close up of the waffle pattern (right side) that shows the colours a bit better.
So that's about all for now - I'm going to get back on with these socks, as the quicker I can reduce my stash, the sooner I'll feel less guilty...
Take care,
love
Claire x



5 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

Love the Roza socks. I too am fairly new to sock knitting but love wearing them and have built as bit of a sock yarn stash also !!
Loved the Blueberry waffle sock pattern; did you do them on the needle size they said? Not sure of Posh Yarn baby camel as I have only used 'Emily' so far in her sock yarn .

acrylik said...

Wow, your socks look amazing! Thanks for the link to the pattern, I shall check that one out. Catch you soon xx

Claire said...

Hi Anne - I'm using 3.75mm needles for the waffle socks - I reduced the cast on to 40, and they're now snug on my "chunky ankles" (thanks Jon :-S) The Baby Camel's a DK weight, and I think the Emily's 4 ply, so comes out finer.

T said...

Should've known a friend of Carrie Anne's would be a sock knitter ;) They're smashing! I'm not addicted to socks yet, but I am addicted to Posh Yarn and that's the truth :)

TutleyMutley said...

Enough yarn to fill a LYS? There speaks an addict...
I love the colour of the waffle socks you're knitting at the moment - mmm. In fact I want them full stop. ;-)
Also, I too have 'chunky' ankles - lets hear it for stout good strong ankles! Yay!