Monday 15 October 2007

FO Frippery

I've been a busy bee this past week. Firstly, I finished my second Hanami stole. This is destined for a Christmas present, and is in the queue for blocking on Friday (I am taking a day's holiday to block my two Hanamis and my Icelandic Shawl - I will take pictures of the truly FOs and post then.

I went to my first knitting group as well on Wednesday - it was at Starbucks in Borders in Gateshead (oh dear - new magazines, books, coffee...) and I'll be going next month. A lovely bunch of ladies.

I've also finished my Tyrolean Stockings from Interweave Kits Fall 2007 in Posh Yarn Helena in Myrtle. I'd never worked in Helena before, and it's a dream. Really squooshy (if that's a word) and lovely and toasty for my toes. See photos as well!


And then... more FO - Artyfartykat had a picture of her Elisa's Nest Tote on her blog, and kindly published the link. I set to with some Patons 4 Ply cotton, and this was the result:


I think it's pretty good - and it saves all those horrible carrier bags. I'm working on a bigger one now (as it was a bit of a force to get a melon through the opening) as well.

Then finally, I've started my Honeybee Stole from the wonderful Anne Hanson's Knitspot. I'm getting on for halfway through the first section now (yes - it's Posh Yarn again - this time Eva 2 ply in Old Gold) - and it's a joy to knit. The pattern is very clearly written, and I can "see" the pattern in my knitting, which is helpful.
Isn't it pretty?

As for the trees - they are still there, and we're trying to find out who to speak to - it's a bit of a ping pong game at the minute, but I don't give up. Thank you for commenting - I appreciate it, as I did rant on a bit last time... but that's me - up and down like a seesaw.

3 comments:

Trudie said...

Oh, those stockings are amazing!

Piglottie said...

I'm glad the knitting group went well, and you have been busy! Your Posh socks look very lovely, the bag is cute and the honeybee stole is gorgeous - I need one!!!

KnitYoga said...

My, you have been busy! I love the Tyrolean socks and the Honeybee stole looks very pretty - gorgeous colour you've chosen for it, too! The Elisa's tote is wonderful isn't it. I made one for a friend a few months ago and it's amazing what they can stretch to accommodate. Just the right bag to take somewhere like a Knitting & Stitching show methinks! LOL Looking forward to seeing your blocked shawls . . . and don't start me off about trees - I know exactly where you're coming from! Wishing you luck with it - the trees should definitely stay.