Monday 1 October 2007

A Learning Curve

Firstly, I have learned that if Flickr isn't playing, it's wise to make sure that one is logging on with one's correct account. (ahem).
Newcastle also does not have congestion. That is Official. Even though it took me one hour and ten minutes to get 10 miles tonight, it is not congestion. That is why we will not be getting a congestion charge here. Which I would pay, as it's a pain for me to get to work by public transport - not to mention I'm not happy about hanging around dark bus stops on my own - especially not with Bonfire Night coming up). It would also be cheaper than moving house.
Someone is looking after me - I had got in too late for the Posh Yarn that I wanted (boo!) but Dee had a cancellation - and it was for the yarn I wanted - I was browsing and dreaming, and nipped on and got it.
So I'm feeling a lot better about things. I need to stop being grumpy, as with me, it just breeds grumpiness. I also picked up a Knitmaster Wool Winder for £4 + postage on Ebay, which is going to be great for winding all my skeins. And it's just like the one my Mum used to let me wind her wool with when I was younger, so I got a bit misty eyed when I was playing with it tonight. Small things and all that.
We had a pretty good weekend - Jon is from Walsall, and supports the football team - they were playing in Hartlepool on Saturday, so I drove us down, and we had a really good afternoon. Hartlepool's a great ground to visit - the fans are friendly, there's tonnes of free parking, the food's good (meat and potato pies - heaven for a Lancashire Lass), and there's a pretty good pub on Jackson's Wharf. Then we went to the local pub quiz last night (are we spotting a theme here?), and came second - which was much better than we expected. AND I got the yarn I wanted in the Posh Yarn sale last night.
Good things do happen to me - I should just notice them more. I'm cracking on with my second Hanami, too - I'm into the Transition chart now - and from now, the charts are all different, which will keep me on my toes. I've also been getting on with my second Tyrolean Stocking. Unfortunately, there's no pictures as yet - when I dug out the camera, I remembered that I needed to recharge the batteries... Silly me. Maybe I'll get myself together for next time.
But now I shall go, as Murphy's Law is on tonight, and Jim Nesbitt is a tonic for any female!

4 comments:

Piglottie said...

The Yarn Fairies must have been looking after you :) Glad you got your Posh fix. And a wool winder is wonderful - I wouldn't be without mine now, nor my swift.

Artis-Anne said...

So glad you got the yarn you wanted . I agree a wool winder is a must but I do need a decent swift as mine is falling to pieces
I agree re Jim Nesbitt ;)

artyfartykat said...

Lucky you with the Posh Yarn! Wool winders are brill and save so much time and aching arms!

KnitYoga said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment. So pleased you managed to get the coveted Posh Yarn. I love the Hanami stole (it's on my list of future projects).