Thursday 1 November 2007

Better Karma...

Well - Honeybee is hibernating. I have finished my Bonfire Night Scarf which was knitted in 2 skeins of Noro Blossom to this pattern. I'm really pleased with it.

I also started my Clapotis in 100%PureWool's Merino Worsted. Lovely to knit with, and available on Ebay, at very good prices, even when you add on the postage. I've just dropped my first stitch, which was one of those naughty feelings - I looked over my shoulder before I did it, and made sure no-one saw. But I can mention stitch-dropping here - you know I'm meant to. But I left it at work tonight - oops.

And I get itchitis. Where I sometimes need to knit. And I'm trying to limit the number of projects OTN at the moment. Mr Greenjeans is still awaiting a circular needle, which is ordered, but somewhere within the chaos that is the Royal Mail at the moment (I've been waiting for one parcel for 2 weeks now - I can get sniffy if I want to). So I had to start a new project. Only thing for it. I do have a Christmas present to knit, and the wool for it came yesterday (see - Dee from Posh Yarn knows how to charm the postmen into delivering her Pink Parcels of Joy quickly - all us addicts would beseige the sorting offices if not!). It's a pattern in Interweave Knits Holiday 2007 (if Jon isn't looking, click here), and I will be knitting it in Victoria - a Cashmere/Silk blend, which is beautiful. It's another yarn to sniff and stroke. But - guess where my IK Holiday 2007 is? Yes - in the post. So no guilt-free-gotta-knit-it-by-Christmas to assuage me.

Oh heck - I've had to start a handbag, for me, in Twilley's Freedom Spirit, from Freedom Spirit 455. Shame - but it had to be done.

And, get well soon, Meatloaf - I went to see him at the Arena last night, and he's not well. He stopped the show as it was coming up to the climax, and declared it his last ever show. I sincerely hope not - I just hope he can get himself well.

4 comments:

Piglottie said...

Nooooo! I cant be Meatloaf's last ever show :( Lucky you getting to see him and fingers crossed he gets well soon.

I've got a bit of startitus atm too. Your projects sound wonderful and am loving the pattern that Jon isn't meant to see ;)

KnitYoga said...

Very nice pattern you have planned for Jon and in such lovely yarn, too!

Artis-Anne said...

Oh I used to like Meatloaf, do you know he was Opera trained? Hope he gets better soon.
I'm with you on the startitis but things are getting frogged no sooner than they have been started ; I am in a knitting slump at the mo !!

acrylik said...

Lovely to catch up on all you've been doing. We were in town for a meal the night Meatloaf was in town - had no idea he was on at the Arena and wondered what all the traffic is about. Now I know! What a shame he had to finish early :(

Really enjoyed reading about all your projects and was really annoyed to read about the trees. Have you had any response from the council yet?

Take care and hope to catch up with you soon.