Thursday 13 December 2007

Early Christmas Presents

My Harmony Needles arrived today - Well done http://www.getknitted.com - fabulous job - email yesterday letting me know that they were on their way, then that Christmas Eve feeling, and then, today, when I called Jon he said "you've had a small parcel from Get Knitted". I wasn't able to sit still for the rest of the day! They are every bit as lovely as the pictures look, and so smooth, and the colours so vivid. So far, I have unpacked them, and arranged everything in the lovely neat little case, exactly where it should be, and looked at it, and then taken everything out, piece by piece and looked at each one, then put them all back in, and admired them, and tried to get Jon enthusiastic about them, then given up on what is a bad job (he tries, but has trouble enthusing over a set of wooden interchangeable needles - after all, I have so many needles!). So I shall take some photos (I'm planning a photo shoot over the weekend) and post them. Maybe someone here will pass by who appreciates the multi coloured wooden lusciousness!

Honey's dress is now onto the sleeves, and Icarus is in the 4th of 5 repeats. I'm onto the foot of my first Jaywalker in Posh Yarn Lucia, and I have started Jon's Koolhaas. There was a Knitting Group (ok - pair - it's getting near Christmas) at Borders last night, and I got on with a few rows - again, it's in Posh Yarn - this time Victoria, a cashmere/silk aran, which is making me want to keep it all for myself, in shades of black. It is delicious, and I'm hoping it photographs well.

And I break up from work tomorrow until after Christmas! We didn't manage to go away this year, so I had a slight excess of holiday left over. Which means I get all next week to shop, knit, get the car MOT-ed and get my hair cut. But mostly knit!

2 comments:

Piglottie said...

I love my Harmonies! I shall enthuse with you :) But make sure you test all the tips - some of mine were a little tight when trying to screw the cord in. If you have the same problem, you can swap them (well, Knitpicks do direct so I'm assuming GK do too).

Enjoy your time off - fancy driving down to Yorkshire to help with the Christmas knitting? ;)

acrylik said...

Oooh, wonderful pre-Christmas pressie :) Hope you have a fab time over Christmas, and as I'm a bit nearer now, maybe I'll drop by one of the Borders knitting nights sometime in the New Year :)