Saturday 1 March 2008

Confessions - from right at the bottom of a rabbit hole...

Oh dear. Please will someone stop me, tie my hands, hide my purse, anything to stop me from buying even more yarn? After a quick enable from a couple of members of the North East Yarn Fiends on Ravelry, I visited Woolaballoo in Crawcrook. It is amazing - they have beautiful yarn. They are lovely people. They have Colinette, Noro, Regia (including the new Galaxy yarn), Artesano, Ranco. They are good value. The displays are lovely - I can see what things look like, and feel the luscious yumminess of the yarn. They are sitated 5 minutes in the car from my house. They are too near...

5 Skeins of yarn, 2 circulars and a book later, I am at home, and I am torn. I have a Local Yarn Shop which is local, and beautiful. I also need to discipline myself, else I may as well ask for my wages to be paid to Woolaballoo each month, and I can then just go and pick up my goodies! I shall be back, and I shall be buying. Again. What a lovely shop!

4 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

oh lucky you, sounds a great shop:) Look forward to seeing pictures of the yarn:)

acrylik said...

And now you're passing on that good enabling vibe! That shop is just too near for comfort, I've just checked and it's only half an hour away from me *throws the car keys away* It's wonderful to know that there's a great LYS nearby and with lovely stock too, I will have to check it out :) Sounds like you had a great trip!

Artis-Anne said...

Oh crikey I don't know if I should be envious or not ;-) but I do wish I had one near me so that I could at least see all these yarns before buying as I buy mostly on line. Trouble is I don't do JUST looking and so it seems neither do you :)
PS : you could do yarn reviews LOL

TutleyMutley said...

Oh dear. You're doomed.
Come to Skip North next year and compound your problem!