Thursday 21 February 2008

Knocking one off the list

So - I can prove that I have tackled Magic Loop. I've decided to use it with a couple of old favourites - Monkey Socks by Cookie A (although I have done the version without purls), and Posh Yarn Emily in Pretty Young Thing. magic loop monkey
This is the second sock - the first is all done:
no purl monkey
I'm nearly there, and can't wait to wear them - and there is nothing to fear from Magic Loop - I used a You Tube video to see how it was done, and it took a few rounds to "click", but when it did, I found it straightforward. I will use it again - probably for socks with a regular pattern, until I get a bit more used to it.

And my Marilinda, again by Cookie A are finished.
marilinda I used Fearless Fibers Superwash Merino Sock in Imagine for this, and for such a complex looking pattern, it was really straightforward to knit. I loved the pattern, and really recommend it. The "sock blocker" is actually half a dozen carrier bags - I wanted to be able to show the pattern, and this was the best option I had!

Still in court... but nearly halfway there now!

4 comments:

KnitYoga said...

Those are some seriously lovely socks and well done for mastering the magic loop!

acrylik said...

Yay - go girl! Those socks are just beautiful.

Artis-Anne said...

Lovely socks ; I love Cookie A's patterns . Congrats on mastering Magic Loop, there will be no stopping you now. I don't know why I ever bothered with DPN's for socks now

fleegle said...

I adore those socks--they are so rich and complex looking! The purple is lovely lovely!

Thanks for your nice words about my and Harry's shawls :)