Friday 15 February 2008

It's oh so quiet....

I'm sorry I've not been posting much, however these past two weeks, I've been on Jury Service. And shall remain so for the next four weeks or so, unless something unforeseen happens to the trial I've been assigned to. As I'm not allowed to say anything about the trial (but what I will say is that thankfully it is not one which is upsetting to sit on), and I am shattered each day, and I have to fit the rest of my life in sideways around the court, there's not much to blog about at the mo - although I am ploughing through some good socks - Melanie, at http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com has a new sock pattern out - well pair of sock patterns, as she has bundled one complex sock with travelling stitches (Scarborough Fair) with a more straightforward pattern (Caledonian Mist). I love the concept, and I'm loving the pattern - two for the price of one! I'll post some progress pics soon...
And, I am confronting my fear - I have tried looping the Magic Loop - one No-Purl Monkey down, one to go (and yes, proof will be forthcoming). I still love my dpns, but have confirmed that there is nothing to be afraid of, and will be using it again - especially when travelling about.
Off to court to be one of the 12 good men (and women) and true....

2 comments:

acrylik said...

It's good to hear the trial isn't upsetting to sit on, that's the one thing I fear from being called for jury service. That's a long trial you're on, hubby got called in straight after New Year this year and was there for just 3 days before he got sent back to work!

Looking forward to seeing your progress pics on the socks.

TutleyMutley said...

Are you allowed to knit in the courtroom then?