Wednesday 30 June 2010

Pine and Ivy Shawl

I love Anne Hanson's patterns and have been hankering after doing a Pine and Ivy Shawl for some time. It's knitted lace, with patterning on both sides, and only a very few "rest rows" (purl all the way) in the entire piece.
When OH was dyeing some "Silky Lace" merino/tencel laceweight, there was one skein that he was not 100% happy with in terms of the colour distribution, which he didn't want to list in the shop. Before you could say "overdye", I'd whipped it and cast on!
A couple of weeks later, these are the results - the whole thing took a little under the 800m stated, and while it was knitted lace, the pattern (as usual) was so well written, that it flew along.I've also been on holiday, and to Woolfest... I will catch those up later in the week!

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

That looks great, I look forward to seeing it in real life.

Jacqui said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqui said...

Oops, managed to post that twice and now deleting it makes it look like I changed my mind or said something unpleasant, honest I didn't, I think it looks lovely and I know the colour will be lovely :)