Monday 14 February 2011

Batik - Shawl #2


Batik
Originally uploaded by Panperoxide
Finally - Shawl number 2 for 11 Shawls in 2011! This is Batik which combines cables and lace for an incredibly textured shawl, which looks fabulous knit up - I've used Wollmeise 80/20 Twin sock yarn for this (the other skein from my grab bag, which included the yarn I used for Haruni), and the deep saturated greens really work well with the pattern.
It's knit from the bottom up, so there is a bit of a race to the finish as the rows get shorter and shorter, and the ball of yarn gets smaller and smaller... I can fudge a top-down shawl where I may run out of yarn, but haven't yet figured out how to do this with a bottom up, without ripping back or pleading in ISO/Destash threads.
Shawl #3 is hot on the heels - I'm just enjoying having a couple of ready made blog posts here!