Wednesday 16 February 2011

In Dreams Clue 1


InDreamsClue1
Originally uploaded by Panperoxide
This is the beginnings of the In Dreams shawl - a mystery KAL being run by Susan Pandorf which I mentioned in my blog post yesterday. The yarn I'm using is Fyberspates Sparkle Merino / Silk Lace, and the beads are 8/0 beads from Rosarama, my local bead shop (how cool is it that I have a local bead shop - especially one packed to the brim with beautiful beads and findings, and run by a lovely lady who's a skilled beader and designer in her own right).
So far, I'm loving the design - it's going to be semi-circular, and dripping with beads. The yarn is absolutely beautiful to knit with as well - I love all of Jeni's yarns I've tried - it's all really top quality, and her colour-sense is amazing (not to mention she is also one of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting), and this one is no exception. The sparkle is subtle, but visible - not too in your face, but it adds a shimmer, and doesn't fight with the beads.
So - three blog posts in three days - and I've still got stuffs to share! And on Saturday, I'm off to a beginners' weaving workshop at my local Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, in Stocksfield - so another craft to have a play with!

No comments: