Wednesday 30 May 2007

Apology...

Even longer with no blog - although I have a range of very good excuses - two weeks ago, my trusty 13 month old laptop lost power. Yes - 13 months old, as with everything that decides to go wrong, it does it the month after the manufacturer's guarantee ran out. From calling the "helpline" it looks like I may be without it for a little while. Despite the fact it needs either a new power lead, AC adaptor or motherboard, and it has complete cover, arranged with a company who tell me they're the biggest computer reseller in the UK. All I can say is last time we needed a motherboard replacing at work, it took 1 call, which was followed a day later by a lovely engineer, who had it sorted in an hour.

Apparently they're busy. Once it's returned to me in good condition, I may mention the name of the company.

I'm using my very very old computer at the moment, which is extremely slow, and therefore frustrating to do any more than read emails on. Let alone do anything with pictures. So I'm sorry.

I've also been a-visiting, to my relatives in Darkest Cheshire for a birthday party involving a barbecue, copious alcohol, fire, rain and thankfully no pictures!

And next week, off for some training in Rouen, France. I can't wait - I've been looking up yarn shops, and there are definitely two, so I shall try to fit in a little shopping. I just hate flying (OK - I'm scared), and it's an hour and a half from Newcastle to Paris, and my needles must be in my hold baggage. Looks like I'll be losing my nails, then!

So that's all for now - more blog, and definitely pictures, when my laptop returns home.

Love Claire x

1 comment:

Artis-Anne said...

Do hope the laptop gets better asap and I envy your trip to Rouen, lovely city.
All I can say re flying is, I don't enjoy the going up or the going down, but the rest is fine as long as there is no turbulence :(