Friday 4 May 2007

Of Flowers and Peaches...

I finished the Monkey socks this week, and love them to bits. I'll post some photos, but aside from a slight panic when the ball seemed to be getting smaller and smaller, yet the foot was stubbornly not growing at all, they went really well, and once I got into the rhythm of the pattern, I was knitting them everywhere (except when driving, although with the drive to/from work taking about an hour each way to cover 10 miles, I have plenty of time when the car is stopped... No Claire NO!

I also fell in love with Carrie Anne's Felted Ruffle Bag - it took me two evenings (I'm a slow knitter), but I now have a baggy bag, and am in a dither about the felting. I've never done it before, and don't want to ruin it! I may get the courage up to open the washing machine door this weekend, however I may use the excuse of too much real laundry to do...

So onto my most ambitious project yet - Fiber Trends' Field of Flowers Shawl in Eva 2 ply in Just Peachy from Posh Yarn - the yarn is beautiful to hold (I spent 10 minutes stroking it before I began to wind my first skein), and Piglottie is right - whatever Dee does, it smells delicious. I'm one pattern repeat of the central garter lace in, and so far so good. I want to tackle it in chunks, as if I think about the whole project, it will go to the back of the cupboard, and letting that yarn lie unused in the dark would be a sin! Of course, I may end up ripping it back, and thinking about something else less ambitious to do, but I hope not. I think I may punctuate it with a couple of pairs of socks - I have a hank of Fyberspates in Heather Mist, and some more Posh Yarn for socks, however I'm trying to resist the urge just now!

Take care,

Love Claire x

2 comments:

acrylik said...

Wow, your new project sounds fantastic!

I'm so glad you got the Monkey socks finished, I love mine. Photos please :)

Just chuck the bag in the washing machine, that's all I did ;)

Artis-Anne said...

I too love the Monkey pattern and I wear them the most so will have to make another pair at least:)
My you are busy and yes I totally agree Dee's yarns are divine. I am still in a dither as to what pattern to use for my latest lace weight from her