Tuesday 8 January 2008

FO Eye Candy

You know I've been a busy little bee lately - well I finally got a Round Tuit (feel free to groan - this is a reference to many holidays in the Lake District...) and got busy with the camera...

First, we have Jaywalkers:
Jaywalker2
Yarn - Posh Yarn Lucia 4 Ply/Sock
Colour - Garden Party
Needles - 2.75mm DPNs
And a quick edit - I have "fluffy" ankles (12" when measured around from the point of my heel in a diagonal) - I knit up the "large" size Jaywalkers, with a cast on of 84 stitches, and they fit me perfectly.

Next, we have Nutkin:
Nutkin1
Yarn - Posh Yarn Laura 4 Ply / Sock
Colour - Gypsy
Needles - 2.75mm DPNs

Then, we have a Bonfire Night Scarf in Noro Blossom...
Bonfire Scarf 1

And in more Noro loveliness, a Felted Ruffle Bag in Kureyon:
FRB1

Clapotis in 100%Wool's Merino Worsted:
Clapotis2

And Jared Flood's Koolhaas in Posh Yarn Victoria Aran, colourway Cavern (yes - I finished it, in secret, for Christmas for Jon!)
Koolhaas3

Finally for now, a WIP - the wonderful Jon bought me Victorian Lace Today for Christmas - what a beautiful book that is. And I couldn't resist. I have my Knitpicks Harmony Interchangeables, I have a ball of Cherry Tree Hill Merino Lace, and I have a photo of the Spider's Web Shawl (Half Hexagon) in progress:
Spiderweb 1

It looks a little scruffy at the moment, however it will block beautifully.

I had a lovely Christmas - I spent the week before running round frantically, before heading down to my Uncle's in Cheshire for a family get together the Sunday before. We headed back on Christmas Eve, and I got my Mince Pies baked and Carols from Kings watched.

Christmas Day was quiet - we spend most of the day together, just the two of us, opening presents, cooking and eating a mountainous Christmas Dinner, and listening to Christmas music. Jon excelled himself with knitting related goodies for me - VLT, Interweave Scarf Style, and a teddy and a Shaun the Sheep kit. Plus lots of little surprises. All good. No stinkers (there never have been, in nearly 15 years). We went to my Dad's in the evening, for a warm cuppa and a natter, then relaxed for a couple of days.

Saturday 29th was Jon's Mum's birthday, so we headed down to the West Midlands for a tour of his family, which lasted through until 2nd January, when we headed back up via Salford, so I could visit the family grave on my Mum's anniversary.

In short, I've done everything I wanted to. We've relaxed, and had a warm family time, which is what I wanted from Christmas this year. Last year was shocked, upsetting, confusing and most of all, busy, with me never being in the right place at the right time - my Mum was seriously ill in Atlanta, so I flew out there at the last minute, booking and changing flights like a professional Travel Agent, then flying back into Paris, on the last leg, I found out Jon's mum had been taken into hospital. All the plans we had were swapping and changing, and neither of us know if we were coming or going. It got sadder, however, we're through it now, and have been able to celebrate and commemerate this year, and spend some time with Jon's mum as well (although she was home by the time we got to Walsall, she wasn't well, and so we didn't want to add to her woes by staying over).

I shed a tear this New Years - mainly because this year has to be a better bet, and I was wrapped up safe and warm with Jon's family.

And - he'll probably kill me for this - but this is he - "posing" in his Christmas present...

Koolhaas2

2 comments:

Piglottie said...

First of all *hugs* and I am so glad that your Christmas this year was much more peaceful. And I wish you much love, joy and peace this coming year.

But no extra knitting mojo, oh no, seems like you've got everyone's!!!! I love your knits, though I think the PY Jaywalkers are my favourites. How did you find the fit? I want to knit some soon and have heard they can be a bit smaller.

*waves to Jon* Nice to meet you :)

acrylik said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, I'm so glad that you had such a lovely, peaceful time.

Wow, all those FOs are amazing! Great to see everything. Jon's hat is very cool, I love the pattern. Very inspiring seeing all those wonderful knits!