Thursday 27 November 2008

I Love You More Than Rock 'n' Roll...

Pass

Last night was The Night - I still didn't truly believe that I was going to go to the meet and greet until I picked up the pass from the Box Office. I actually went with mixed feelings, as Harry James, the drummer, had kidney stones, and I'd had an email that he wasn't going to make the tour. Now Thunder are great, but our 'Arry - he's special. They say all drummers are a bit, erm, eccentric, but Harry is a character and a legend in his own lifetime. His performance of George Michael's Faith is fantastic (including the bum wiggles), and I still remember seeing him do his turn in Aylesbury Civic Hall in 1990, when he donned a blue nylon wig, and crooned "Blue Moon".

However, I didn't care as the AC/DC track played, and the chant of "Thunder... Thunder..." rang out. We'd got seats central to the stage, third row. The band opened with "Backstreet Symphony" and were on absolutely top form. The set favoured the earlier songs, with the first album contributing its classics. The main set finished with "I Love You More Than Rock 'n' Roll", and the encore was "Higher Ground" and "Dirty Love". Just fabulous, bluesy rock, with the singalongadanalongalaughalonga performance.
Danny_LoveWalkedIn
After the gig, we were allowed downstairs for a drink with the band. It was great. The guys just circulated, and spent time with everyone. I got my CD signed, and Jon took pictures of me with Ben:
Ben
Chris
Chris
Luke
Luke
Danny
Danny
And...
.
.
.
Harry James - Drummer and complete trouper.
Harry
Well - it wouldn't have been a Thunder gig without our 'Arry, now, would it?

And Luke kissed me as I was leaving... I'll let you know when I'm down off Cloud 9.

Oh yeah - knitting - that's what I'm meant to be doing here. In the last few days, I've finished Meret, the Mystery Beret from Woolly Wormhead in Posh Yarn Amelia, colour Pleasantry.
Meret
And my first stranded colourwork - Cat Mittens by Jorid Linvik - in natural brown Alpaca and Jacob. I love these.
Kitty_Mittys
And another hat - this one a present for Jon's mum. It's the Starcrossed Cabled Slouchy, and it has come out lovely and smooshy in Posh Yarn's Helena Aran in Cherry:
Starcrossed Slouchy
I'm going to finish off a pair of Waving Lace socks for Jon's sister, and then do another pair of the cat mittens, this time in red and black Jawoll sockwool for Jon's mum. Before Christmas. EEK!

2 comments:

acrylik said...

Wow, what an amazing night you had! And I'm so glad Harry was there as well! Yay, I'm really pleased for you :D

Your knits are as stunning as ever, especially those mittens - WOW!

BabyLongLegs said...

Yay for crazymad drummers :) I am married to one, so I know how they can be...hehehe
Harry is one in a million though :)

I think I've seen Thunder 'bout 3 times now.....they are brillliant!!!

Looks like you had a fabarOOnie time....woohoo!!!

Rawk on....

S xXx