Monday 10 November 2008

A Post! With Photos!!!

I’ve not been wasting my time… Finally there was 10 minutes of light yesterday, so I took some photographs. Here we have three handspun yarns. The top one is the End of September club yarn from The Yarn Yard (Bramble Crumble). The second one is also from The Yarn Yard, and came un-named – as I was spinning it, I realised it made me think of Refresher sweets with all the lovely sherberty colours – so I have named this BFL Superwash Refreshers. Finally, there is Lafant Glas – Falkland from Mam a Mi. You may notice that there are only 2 skeins – more on that later. I got 300 yards or so from each 100g, using my Golding Cherry Tsumani for the singles, and then my Louet spindle for Andean Plying.

Bramble

Refreshers

Lafant Glas

I’ve also been a bit busy knitting. Firstly, the reason why I only had 2 skeins of Lafant Glas left to photograph - my Spiraluscious. I love this neckwarmer. I love the yarn, the pattern, just everything about it. It’s an Anne Hanson design, and wow – that woman can design good looking but straightforward lace, can’t she? (Yes - I cast on Friday, and grafted the edging together Saturday - have noted in the "omigoditschristmasnextweekandIhavenothingspecialfor..." file!)

Spiraluscious

Then, I snaffled some Helena Aran from Posh Yarn a couple of weeks ago, and turned it into a Darkside Cowl by Sarah Fama, and a Woolly Wormhead Spring Cap (wishful thinking!).

Darkside

Spring Cap

And, a pair of Aran Island Slippers from Interweave Knits Holiday 2008 for my MiL knitted in Rooster Almerino Aran.

Aran Isle Slippers

Oh... and I got them off my hands long enough to take a photo! My Cranford Mitts - from The Yarn Yard Kit I bought at Woolfest.

Cranfords

Busy, busy, busy.

On the spindle at the moment is 2oz of Gotland that I got as part of a Spinners Set from Spindlefrog. The Spinners Set is a brilliant idea - 2oz each of 6 unusual fibres all dyed in the same colourway. I love it, as I get a chance to play, and can decide before I commit to a load of something which may be quite expensive, and which I'm not keen on. The Gotland is lovely. Very silky with a long staple.

On the needles are the Estonian Lace Christening Shawl, my Guess at Tess’ Shawl, a pair of Undulating Lace Socks in Wollmeise Suzanne for a Christmas Present, and a Booga bag (adapted slightly by using smaller needles and more stitches to accommodate finer yarn) in Kauni.

In Arm News, there is little news - still waiting for the MRI Results, however things have Deteriorated, and after having negligable sleep for nearly a week, I went to the GP this morning. So I'm on Codeine, which isn't the best, but it has to be better than lying there, tossing and turning, and trying to find somewhere to put my arm where it doesn't hurt!

Busy, busy, busy… But Fun, Fun, Fun!

1 comment:

acrylik said...

Wow, wow, WOW! Amazing hand-spun and equally amazing knits! I hope you will bring them along to "show and tell" on Friday :D

Really sorry to hear you're in so much pain, here's hoping the results come soon and the docs can get on with solving the problem.