Tuesday 17 July 2007

Another FO...

I got a little bit itchy the other night, and actually finished something off! I now have a pair of socks in Eva from Posh Yarn in the colourway "Harem", and I love them. I just knitted them plain so it shows off the variagation well. The socks are slightly different colours - they were from 2 skeins, which looked exactly the same skeined up, but knitted differently, but I love them. Slightly odd socks for a slightly odd woman! And as I tend to not be at my best in the morning I have worn odder! Will post piccies here and on the Posh Yarn group later in the week. And I'm now expecting some beautiful laceweight from Dee in "Morning Star" - so my fingers were fast enough on Sunday - that's already allocated to "Leda's Dream" which was the first "Mystery Stole" - I fell in love with the pattern on Melanie's blog, and as she says, I've fallen down the lace rabbit hole.
Still persevering with the Fir Cone shawl - it will be worth it, it will. It's just that I'm now 27 repeats in, and itching to start on the edging - but I want it to be big, and snuggly, and to wrap me up in, so I need to be patient. Not one of my few virtues, unfortunately. Little Miss Instant Gratification, me.
And I'm planning to block my Field of Flowers on Friday. I'm out on Thursday night, at Jeff Fest in Newcastle (The Quireboys are headlining, which makes me very happy), and have decided not to inflict myself on my work colleagues on Friday - gone are the days when I could fall into bed at 3, and still be up for work the next day. Not to mention the next clue for MS3 is out on Friday, and it's a biggie - and with the new Harry Potter out on Saturday, I need to start managing my time (or finding another couple of days to put on the week!).
Nuff for now.

Claire x

3 comments:

Trudie said...

Keep going - I'm just starting the edging, and I'm so glad that I kept going as long as I did, because its going to be a fabulously big shawl.

acrylik said...

How were the Quireboys?! Blimey, I've not seen them since the early 90s!

artyfartykat said...

Can't wait to see pics! Shawl sounds fab! The only lace shawl I've done is a bit small, so keep going, it will be worth it!!