Monday 30 July 2007

Delayed Update

I've been meaning to blog, but have been putting it off as I've not downloaded my photos from my camera yet. And still haven't, but if I put things off any longer, I'll be writing War and Peace.
Jeff Fest was brilliant. Great bands, great night. The Quireboys were on top form to finish the night, and took me way back to a muddy field in Leicestershire in the early 90's. Got a kiss off Spike as well - and this probably isn't the place to mention I had a bit of a thing for him back in my youth...
I had the next day off work, supposedly to recover, and did my first ever blocking - my Field of Flowers shawl in Posh Yarn Eva "Just Peachy". I thought it was pretty to start with, but once I had it streeeeetched and pinned on the bed (see - had to get up early) the lace took on its own life. I'd heard how lace is transformed, and was loving the shawl in its unblocked state, but after a soak and a stretch, it looks fantastic (if I say so myself).
Later, I got cracking on my MS3 Clue 4. I broke off late that night to go and queue for my Harry Potter - which I had finished by Saturday teatime! Then back to MS3, with a quick finish on Monday night. Pictures will follow, I promise. This clue should have been the easiest for me - it was a relaxing repeating pattern I've done before, but I probably tinked this one more than all the others put together! I think I got complacent, and thought I could do it without concentrating. Clue 5 and Theme Reveal this Friday!
Then, I've started a pair of socks for Jon in some Regia from Woolfest. One down, and part way down the cuff of the second.
Finally, tonight, I've started the edging on my Fir Cone Shawl. And I'm finding it tricksy. I'm sure I'll get into it though!
Just a quicky - but proof I'm still here.
Love,
Claire x

1 comment:

Artis-Anne said...

On you tease !! I WANT piccies LOL Just kidding its great to read about what you are up to :)
The shawl sounds fantastic and your right blocking transforms lace beyond belief
You have been busy with all your knitting