Monday 9 July 2007

Now tell me if I'm boring you...



...But I have Mystery Stole itis. I started Clue 2 a decent 2 hours or so after I printed out the clue on Friday, and had it done by about quarter past midnight on Saturday, despite having a bit of a busy Saturday afternoon. It's looking beautiful. Melanie is such a talented designer, and a great teacher. I've not done much in the way of lace before, and I am finding this a challenge, but not an insurmountable one. There were around 6700 knitters signed up to this by the time the group closed on Friday, which is an amazing number of people, all over the world, all knitting (or thinking of knitting) the same project. How Melanie keeps up with us all I'll never know - and hats off to this lovely lady who's allowed us to knit her beautiful design for nothing more than joining her Yahoo Group.
Hats off, in fact to all of those talented and generous designers who share their designs with the rest of us. I appreciate what you do - it's not something I've ever attempted, so I cannot share, and I would not have the talent (either from the artistic or the engineering side) to even be bold enough to try! It's your livelihood - and I know how ratty I can get when it's assumed I do my job for the love of it, so to offer it freely is so generous, and much appreciated.
Talking of talented and generous, I just want to mention that Annie Modesitt, who is another talented and lovely designer, has serious illness in the family at the moment. Please spare a moment to think of her and those close to her. Google her if you'd like to know more, but at least spare a thought.
I'm getting on with my Fir Cone shawl as well - 25 reps and still not on my second hank... will get there at some point. And if it's ever going to be more than that, I'd better love you and leave you. Take care,
Love
Claire x


5 comments:

Chriss said...

Your stole is looking lovely! I'm really excited to start mine as soon as I've cast off my Kiri shawl (I'm using the same cone of yarn for both).

Chriss (in Newcastle)

Diane said...

Your shawl is looking very nice indeed! With your yarn selection it is very easy to see the design prior to blocking. Keep on knitting!

acrylik said...

Your shawl is looking amazing!

Artis-Anne said...

Your shawl is beutuful what colour is it ? It certainly shows the pattern pff beautifully.
many thanks for your kind commentson my blog. Sorry to hear about Annie's problem too . Will pop over and post

Anonymous said...

The stole looketh lovely, luv. You're a faster knitter than I! I am only starting Clue #2 today. But those of you are faster give ME a preview of things to come ~_^.

Newcastle-Upon-Tyne is the Newcastle I am planning to pass through when I'm in the UK next summer. I understand there is an Antiquities Museum there and I would like to see a piece of Hadrian's Wall. The only reason I'll be that far north is because I will be traveling with my daughter and she is desperate to see Edinburgh.