Sunday 15 July 2007

Waiting...

I'm blogging tonight while waiting for the Posh Yarn shop to open. Dee is one of the nicest traders I've "met" online (and I have met some really nice people, and had really good service) and I keep returning again and again to play "Fastest Fingers First" on a Sunday evening. Dee has an excellent selection of yarns, all very reasonably priced, and in beautiful colours. Then, in addition to all that, she packages them up in pink, posts them out almost before you've finished paying for them, and is extremely pleasant and friendly to boot! This week, I've been drooling over laceweights since the preview went up, and am hoping to get my paws on one or two lots. There's one in particular I have in mind to use for "Leda's Dream" which was the pattern for Mystery Stole 1 by Melanie.

I am still knitting Melanie's third Mystery Stole, and have now completed Clue 3. The clues are nice and manageable (100 rows for clue 1, and 50 each for clues 2 & 3). Next week's will be a challenge - at 135 rows, it's designed to compensate for the Harry Potter launch, and should last us for 2 weeks. The real killer for me is that Clue 7 & final is due to come out on Friday 17th August - and as I am driving down to the Midlands that day to see Jon's folks, and go to the V Festival, it means I shall be clue-less until the Tuesday! (All funny comments on being clue-less to be swallowed, please). We should know the theme of what we are knitting in about 3 weeks' time, but at the moment, I'm enjoying the knit. Looking at the charts, it's not something I would have attempted if I had seen it all together, but I'm glad I signed up - it's introduced me to reading charts, Jaggerspun Zephyr, and beading - none of which I had ever considered before.

Short post for now. Here's the pictures of MS3 so far.

Love

Claire xxx




3 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

I totally agree Dee is a sweetie and is just so helpful too and yes it does help to have lightening fingers LOL. I have not been looking on Sundays since we came home as I just KNOW I will be tempted and I still have some lacewight cashmere to knit up :(

Artis-Anne said...

Oh forgot to say that MS 3 is looking good. I did sign up for it and will do it ONE day

acrylik said...

Your stole is looking fantastic. Good luck with the next section!