Sunday 1 July 2007

Burble! **Pictures Galore**

Well, I went to my first Woolfest yesterday, and I am still recovering. It completely blew my mind - plus it was great to see everyone there that I saw, Carrie Anne, who has hardly changed in the past (ahem) years I have known her had told me how fantastic it was, yet I still wasn't prepared. What was great was seeing the animals, and being able to get to see stalls where unless I was prepared to drive the length and breadth of the country, I wouldn't get to see. In all my awe, I never got to take an overview picture, but did get some of the Alpacas and some sheep - although others did see me coming and hid!







I fell in love with the Angora bunnies as well, but Holly is a jealous cat, and would not be at all happy if other small and fluffy people came to live here.
In terms of purchases, I think I'm set for the next year or three....

What we have here is a failure to moderate my purchasing. From top left, going clockwise, we have Fyberspates sock yarn in blues / turquoises, Regia DK Sock Yarn for Jon, a Tiboodoo cardigan kit for my new niece, a couple of skeins of mohair, one in blues, one in greens, from MoBear, hand dyed Opal sock wool, and 10 balls of beautiful Cumbrian Alpaca.



Then next - oh yes, there is a next...

The Cumbrian Alpaca is still there, supporting Olaf, another Alpaca's, coat, which I plan to spin on my new Drop Spindle. Either side are a couple of grab bags of coloured merino to practice on first! And 10 balls of Rooster Almerino Aran.


This is not to mention that I also bought "A Gathering of Lace", for the beautiful patterns, and well explained how tos.


Finally, I bought my Zephyr in Ebony, Black #8 beads, a 0.6mm crochet hook, and 3.5mm Addi Lace needles so I could finally make a start on Mystery Stole 3. I started this last night when I got back, and I have now finished Clue 1.


So far, I think it's very pretty. There's still time to join - the list is open until the end of this week. So far, there's approaching 4000 people knitting this worldwide, which is pretty amazing.
I returned home last night, full of a headache to end all headaches, but happy.
That's me for now. Love to everyone x.



















4 comments:

acrylik said...

Wow, Claire, what a stash you got yourself there!! Looks fantastic :) Great to see you again, we shall have to get together soon :) xx

Artis-Anne said...

Oh what a load of yummy goodies you have there. Wish I had looked at more yarns as I bought fibre mainly so have to spin before I knit!! great though wasn't it ? Wish we could have met up but was totally spent up and shattered after day 1 , must be getting old ;)

artyfartykat said...

What a haul!! You've got some lovely yarns there. I echo Artis-anne, wish I'd looked at more yarns, but theres always next year!!
It was lovely to meet you too.

Anonymous said...

I just read your profile. I am planning my first(long-awaited) trip to the UK next summer and have a weird question -- how many Newcastles are there in the British Isles?