Sunday 11 January 2009

Project 365 - Week 2

So this week was my first full week of Project 365. It's been back to work for me, after two weeks off, which has limited my opportunities for taking photos. I have no car at the moment, so I leave for work before it is light, and arrive home after dark. It's also been a little cold this week, which has left me feeling too nesh to think about going out! I have still managed to take seven photographs, so here they are.
Jan5
Monday's shot was of my La Novia scarf. I'd finished the scarf over Christmas, but had not photographed it, so it was a good excuse. I got down quite low to take the photo, as I wanted to capture the texture in the scarf.
Jan6
This is some 70% BFL, 30% Silk fibre from Warratah Fibrecrafts on Etsy. This was a prize in a charity draw run by Ramblings of a Yarn Junkie, in memory of her mother. The fibre is as beautiful as it looks, and I am so glad that Laura reached her £1000 target.
Jan7
On Wednesday, it was late, and I popped to the front door and saw the streetlight shining through the sycamore tree - the same tree I photographed last week. I thought I would give it a go, and see what came out. I'm going to photograph this tree a lot, I think - it's one of the first things I see when I open the curtains or leave the house, and I'd like to track its life throughout 2009.
Jan8
Thursday finally saw me photographing my Golding Cherry Tsunami spindle, surrounded by The Yarn Yard's Merino/Silk roving, which is my current spindling.
Jan9
Friday was a bit panicky. It was late, I hadn't taken a photo, and I was stuck. I looked at the table, and saw my musical frog looking back at me. He was a Christmas present from Jon a few years ago, and if you remove the stick from his side, you can run it up and down his back to make a not unpleasant noise. I wouldn't say it was great music, but it's better than I thought it would be.
Jan10
Remember Thursday? Well yesterday, I plied my first spindleful of yarn from this roving. I got 71 yards from it, of very lustrous yarn, and it's coming out at about 14 wpi.
Jan11
Finally, Jon and I went for a walk earlier today. There are a number of old industrial sites very near to us, which have been developed as nature reserves by the local ranger service. This one is the old Percy Pit in Lemington. It was a blustery walk, but it helped to clear the cobwebs. In terms of wildlife, we saw magpies and pigeons, but not much else. In the spring, we get lots of wildflowers, so the area will be well worth investigating then. As it was, we called in at the local pub on the way back, so any health benefits have probably been lost...
So that's it for Project 365 for this week. I'm writing ideas down as I go in a little notebook, so hopefully I can have more ideas than there are days in the week, and build up some ideas, so I'm not stuck at half 11, thinking "what on earth can I photograph today?"

1 comment:

acrylik said...

Lovely pics, especially the sycamore, I think it will be an excellent idea to track the sycamore through the year. What a wonderful record, it would make a lovely little scrapbook too if you printed the photos out and added your thoughts at the time.

Your spun yarn is beautiful.