Sunday 18 January 2009

Project 365 - Week 3

Already it's week 3 of Project 365, and so I have another 7 photos to show. I've also got a bit of chatter about yesterday, but pictures first, and expeditions later...
On Monday, I switched on the Lava Lamp. I love my lava lamp - I find it relaxing to watch. While it was heating up, I saw a face in the "Lava" and so had to capture it for posterity...
Jan12
I love the light in here through the liquid, so will probably be taking more of the lamp.
On Tuesday, I had my dyeing evening, and my picture for then is my yarn drying...
Jan13
Wednesday, I had to turn to my book of ideas, as I was a bit out of ideas. I have a very pretty Karatstix WPI Gauge in the shape of an Alpaca, so this got snapped.
Jan14
On Thursday, it was my sock pattern day, so I used the photo of my Wibbly Rib Sock as the day's photo:
WibblyRib
Then Friday, I decided my hand dyed yarn was dry enough to skein, and took a picture of the skein. This is quite probably going to turn into the delicious and addictive Forest Canopy Shawl.
Jan16
Now yesterday was the Posh Day Out in York. I left my camera on the coffee table, where I couldn't possibly miss it. And missed it. It could have been worse - as I was going out of the door, I realised it would be a really good idea to take my train tickets with me... So, as I have no photos of the day (poo!) I compromised with a picture of some of my acquisitions:
Jan17
Then, this morning, it was beautifully bright and sunny. When it's like this, Holly takes up residence on the windowsills, and sunbathes. We've also got some excess Aiji Chillies drying there, and this morning, she was fascinated by the yellow chillies. I had to snap her...
Jan18
So there's my week in pictures.
Going back to yesterday, on Ravelry, the Posh Knitters Group arranged three meet ups - one in London, one in Shropshire/North Wales, and one in York. I went to the one in York, and had a great time. I travelled down with the lady otherwise known as Jammam, and her little one (who when she wasn't smiling, was sleeping, and an absolute angel), and met up with other Poshites from Yorkshire and Lancashire for a day of nattering, knitting, shopping, and general fun. There were some lovely shops to see in York - Sheepish on the Shambles, with lots of lovely yarn. Duttons for Buttons, which is where the stash enhancement that provided yesterday's picture came from - that place is Aladdin's cave for buttons, and I bought one of their mixed bags, which was amazing value - there's a good 7-8 complete sets in the bag, plus assorted single buttons. Then a lovely lunch and knitting session at the Slug and Lettuce, followed by more ambling to Craft Basics (oh my - what a cornucopia in there - and they had Fibre from Winghams - the first time I have seen fibre on sale other than online or in a show), and the Viking Loom. All very nice. The day went way to quickly, and coming home, there were 2 trains due in - one was direct to Newcastle, and the next was to Darlington with a rail replacement bus for the rest of the journey. Thinking we were being a bit clever, we got on the direct train. 2 1/4 hours later, when we arrived in Newcastle, we weren't so sure! At least I had good company, and we didn't have to negotiate lots of ramps and the bus with the buggy - and we got a nice scenic tour of the diversion route...
But all in all a great day, and I can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

acrylik said...

Loved hearing about your day out in York, I do love York but it's years since I've been there. Glad to hear lots of my old craft haunts are still there.

Lovely pictures of your week, I think it's a great project.

BabyLongLegs said...

I bought my current wheel off the most excellent and lovely Jammam :)
Love your WPI tool as well, Karatrstix's stuff is so pretty.

Sounds like you had a fantastic day out in York...and I also have a thing about buttons. I find it strange, as I hate sewing ;)

Hugs!!

S xXx