Sunday 4 January 2009

Project 365 - Week 1

So... for Project 365, I'm going to post a blog entry each week, either on the Sunday or the Monday. This should mean I keep on top of things, as I'm terrible for taking photos and leaving them to languish on the camera. I'm a happy snapper rather than any sort of good photographer - my best photographs all happen by accident! But my photos are going to be a record of my year - hopefully I can look back when 2009 is all done, and see what I was up to each day (If anything).

So - the first (half) week's batch...

Jan1
This is January 1st, and is a picture of the Cotoneaster bush that I have in my teeny tiny garden. I chose it as the subject for picture 1 as the shiny green leaves and red berries are a nice reminder of Christmas.

Jan2
January 2nd is Holly the Cat. She likes to play out and sit on the path, watching the birds, passers by, or bits of interesting air. She was completely refusing to do a cute pose - she'd be poddling around, would look all cute, and then as soon as I focused the camera on her, she'd be off. So I got the back of her.

Jan3
January 3rd - Holly on her cushion (are we getting a theme here?) - I had planned yesterday's photo to be a picture of the Penguin lights Jon bought for Christmas, but I couldn't get a photo of them that wasn't blurry and quite frankly, pathetic, so I snapped Holly snuggled up in front of her heater.

Jan4
I took this one a few minutes ago, as the sun (? - Big Light in Sky) was setting behind the sycamore tree that is outside my house. I love the trees on our estate. It is one of the reasons I like living here. I just looked up, saw the colours of the sky (I love it when the sky is lavendar and orange like this) and nipped out with the camera.

So.... I have to get 7 more by next Sunday. Hopefully they won't all be Holly, but for 5 days I'm at work within the hours of daylight, and for security reasons, I'm not allowed to take photos. I may have to be creative...

2 comments:

'Gusta said...

I love your posts. I love crochet, yarns and cats. Your cat is beautiful! So is your knitting.

acrylik said...

Beautiful pics, especially of Holly, she is adorable! The colours in the sunset pic are gorgeous, I do love it when the sky turns that colour.