Sunday 26 August 2007

Happy Dance Sunday!

Today's been a Good Day. So far, I have blocked out my Swan Lake (Mystery Stole 3) and my Fir Cone Shawl. Jon has promised to take pictures tomorrow, so I will post then, hopefully. Both are absolutely beautiful - I was in love with Swan Lake as I knitted it, went a little doubtful on the wing, but have fallen madly back in love with it once blocked. The Fir Cone has been well worth it, as well. And whoever first mentioned the Strimmer cable as a blocking aid has my heartfelt thanks. It worked like a charm, and was well worth the muttered curses as I threaded it through the straight edges of Swan Lake, and the straight edge and points of the Fir Cone.
Then, after arriving home nearly 2 hours late, the Helena I had my eye on on the Posh Yarn shop was still there, so I snaffled that as well, as a reward for my blocking.
Finally, upon checking my email, I found my Ravelry Invite! So Panperoxide is now officially there, and will be adding her stash bit by bit. This is going to be a revelation to me - all those skeins of wool I have hidden in nice little hidey holes are going to be forced out into the light for all to see. Ulp.
I've also got up to 5 repeats of the basket weave done on my first Hanami. It's looking very pretty - but I need a little distraction after each repeat so I don't start to get bored... Once I get off the basket weave, it's a new chart every 32 rows, so there's no chance to get bored - not a criticism, just I am a very impatient person, and I'm likely to muck it all up by thinking - well - six isn't so much less than seven, if I'm not careful.
So - more photos tomorrow. Off to carry on happy dancing...

No comments: