Monday 27 August 2007

Pictures of FOs!

So here we have some photos. The "model" has not done her hair, is wearing weekend attire, but is proud as proud can be of her efforts. Firstly, we have the Fir Cone Shawl, in Merino laceweight from http://www.handpaintedyarn.com/. It is in soft shades of brown and russet, and just suggested Autumn to me - hence why I used it for the Fir Cone. It has blocked to a beautiful soft shawl, which will be great for when the Autumn breezes start to bite (although to get Autumn, we're meant to have had a summer, and apart from one Wednesday afternoon in mid-May, we've not been getting that round here.

Next, we have Swan Lake, aka Mystery Stole 3. It is in Fiddlesticks Jaggerspun Zephyr laceweight in Ebony, (from the Knitting and Crochet Guild stall at Woolfest), beaded with black 8/0 beads from Pogles (also Woolfest) and I used Addi Turbo Lace circulars in 3.5mm. I love it. No other words for it. I keep unfolding it, and just looking and marvelling at it. I would like to thank Piglottie, who first mentioned the MS3 in her blog. She enabled me, and for that I am grateful. Artis-Anne, Artyfartykat, Arianwen, and Carrie Anne for their encouragement. Everyone who took part in the KAL for their advice, questions, encouragement, tenacity and humour. And finally, Melanie, who designed Swan Lake, and ran the KAL. Christine, who kept an escrow copy of the pattern, just in case anything were to happen to Melanie, and who co-moderated, and provided tech support (I twist my knit stitches too, Christine, and now, I too have stopped!), and Georgina Bow, mother of Melanie, another Keeper of the Pattern, and the designer for MS4 - starting sometime in Autumn 2008 - can't wait for that one now!
So - we have pictures - proof that I CAN finish something. I have learned so much on these projects - not least that I can do lace!

8 comments:

Nautical Knitter said...

Congratulations, it's beautiful!

dreamcatcher said...

Gorgeous lace! The MS3 looks really dramatic in black :-)

Peggy said...

Your stole is very, very pretty. I wore my Sunday and got a lot of comments. I know your will draw lots as well.

Artis-Anne said...

Oh Claire they are truly wonderful. Now I truly mean this ; to be honest I didn't think I liked the MS3 that is until I have seen yours. I don't know if it's in black that does it for me but I love it ,you clever girl ;-)

florencemary said...

Wow, what beautiful shawls!

Now I've seen your's, I'm looking forward to Melanie posting the MS3 stole pattern on her blog, as I didn't get round to joining in the KAL.

acrylik said...

Claire, your knits look absolutely blummin' fantastic!! I hope to see them "in the flesh" sometime soon so I can marvel over them. xx

Piglottie said...

They are stunning! I especially love the MS3, as the black is just exquisite. Oooh, and I enabled you :) Have actually given up on laceweight myself as I despair of using it, but am glad I passed some mojo on before mine got up and fled :)

And a big thank you for your generosity :)

N. Maria said...

Yes! You can do lace. :)
Your shawl and MS3 stole are beautiful! I love the stole in black....as it looks so elegant.