Tuesday 7 August 2007

Happy Dance!

I'm doing a happy dance today! Look what Anne at Knitspot has published today (please look, please do - NAYY) - her Honeybee Stole! Isn't it beautiful? I was tempted by the triangular shawl, but heard a rumour of rectangular loveliness, so waited patiently. Now what I need to do is find something to knit it in (hint hint Dee & Mr P - something in an amber-y honey coloured 2 ply Eva would be divine, if only I could get to it first!) Of course, this may test my new-found confidence in my ability to knit lace (I just typo-ed "knot" there twice - is my subconscious trying to tell me something?) - it seems most of my "To Do"s at the moment involve laciness - although a couple of them are for Christmas presents - so I think I may be excused...

I also treated myself to a couple of Posh Yarns last night, which has me happy dancing even more. Lucia in Garden Party (which may end up a Christmas present, once knitted, but then again, maybe not), and Emily in Beryl - what vivid greens! I nearly bought something with a similar green in it at Woolfest, but when I looked closely, it had lots of joins in it, which isn't really what I want in my socks. I know I can rest assured that my PY will be one long thread, which suits me much better.

And I'm nearly in the centre of the edging on my fircone shawl. Can't wait to finish and get it blocked out and worn! I must concentrate on that, and not on the future loveliness, or else my magpie brain will start thinking "must knit the pretty..." and I will neglect the poor shawl.

1 comment:

Artis-Anne said...

LOL I too waited for the stole pattern which I have bought also:)isn't it fab ? my next lace project I think.Her patterns are so well written and she is such a lovely person too
Look fwd to seeing your Posh Yarns purchase.
I daren't look at the mo :(